E-Bike Battery Safety Reminders
We recently got a nice reminder from our E-bike kit supplier, Electric Bike Technologies. We want you to enjoy your e-bike safely and for a long time. So we thought we we'd share this with you....
We urge you to consider the following five essential guidelines when charging your Lithium-ion battery:
- Do Not Leave Your Battery Charger Connected Indefinitely. Disconnect the charger promptly once the battery charge is complete.
- Always Use the Charger Provided with Your Battery. Avoid using a charger with a different voltage.
- Never Attempt to Modify Your Battery or Charger. Any alterations can pose serious safety risks.
- Chargers May Generate Heat During the Charging Process. Always ensure your battery is not being charged near any flammable materials.
- Refrain From Using Extension Cords or Power Strips When Charging. Always plug your charger directly into a wall outlet.
And always plug the charger into the wall FIRST, before plugging it into the bike.